Saturday, April 18, 2015

Making use of lady genevieve's artwork

Lady genevieve is a little artist who loves to color and paint.  She especially loves painting with water colors.  She can paint and paint and paint, and the question arises: What do I do with all the paintings?  I didn't just want to throw them out, as that seemed a waste of paper.  A few months ago, I started folding them into quarters and making little "thank you" notes.  It was an awesome way to use her artwork to say thanks to those we want to thank.  Having just passed her 2nd birthday milestone, we had a handful of thank you notes to write.  We took our "thank you" cards to a new level.





I cut each 8 x 11 inch painting into quarters.  Then we used some letter stamps and black ink to spell out "Thank You!"- this looked so much better than my free hand writing that we'd previously done on other note cards.  Then we glued them to different color card stock.  I had a stack of paintings that lady genevieve has made over time, so we were able to make quite a few thank you cards.  This will keep us stocked up for some time.








No comments:

Post a Comment