Friday, December 12, 2014

"I'm Dreaming Of a White C-abinet"

So I found a primitive cabinet on Craigslist.  The seller says it likely dates between 1890 to 1910.  The dimensions are perfect for 2 possible places in our kitchen: a sideboard along a window wall, or as a kitchen island.



I have been in search of a sideboard cabinet to go along a wall, under a window- so height matters.  We do not currently have a pantry, and are in desperate need of a food storage space.  We have ideas in mind of what we would like, but so far the search has been difficult, primarily because we only have 30" width of space, and we want to maximize storage potential.  This cabinet could possibly help with storage until we find the perfect pantry piece.  The other idea I have is to convert it into a Breakfast Island.                        

If you've ever been in antique shop, you may have noticed that some of the most beat up pieces (like the one pictured above), with peeling and cracked paint, cost way more than you'd ever imagine.  I am not heavy into antiques, however I have gathered this much- it's because they are really old- which goes far in the antique world.  I love the primitive simple farmhouse look, and we're hoping to find some unique pieces for Redwoodshire.

The other day I happened upon this primitive cabinet as I was browsing Craigslist.  It is located about an hour away, but the seller said he'd meet me.  And the price seems right.  Of course it will need some TLC, but that is the fun part.

And so, that is why "I'm dreaming of a white C-abinet."  Hoping to get on the road to go see it tomorrow!  We will see what happens.  And of course if we do become the proud owners of this old primitive, you will be sure to hear about it.  Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment