Friday, December 5, 2014

Storybook Themed Party

A couple years ago, I helped plan and organize a Baby Shower for my sister.  I saw a super-cute Storybook Themed Baby Shower online and decided that would be a great way to celebrate my sister and the new baby.  I recently did the same online search that I did in 2012, in order to include a link to the blog that helped inspire the idea, and there is now a ton of different photos out there of the same idea.  So this post may not be novel, but for some readers of this blog, it may be inspiring.

 So basically everything had a Children's book/ story theme, from the food, to the drinks, cake, favors, and games.  Here are a few photos from our spread.

FOOD LABELS:

 CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS
Meatballs in Sauce, with french bread & butter.
GREEN EGGS & HAM
My sister's friend made the deviled eggs.  If I had made them, I would have definitely used food coloring to make the filling green!






























THE 3 LITTLE PIGS
Pigs in a Blanket, a.k.a. Mini hot dogs, wrapped in crescent rolls














THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR
Fruit Salad








CURIOUS GEORGE, CHICKEN LITTLE & HUMPTY DUMPTY
Finger Sandwiches- Peanut Butter and Banana (CURIOUS GEORGE)
Chicken Salad (CHICKEN LITTLE)
Egg Salad (HUMPTY DUMPTY)


IF YOU GIVE A MOUSE A COOKIE
Chocolate Chip Cookies with milk & a straw





FAVORS:
Bookmarks-  I collected a bunch of paint chips from Home Depot & Lowes (over many trips).  We photo copied some pages out of a book that had simple black and white pictures (like the old Winnie the Pooh).  Cut strips of the photo copies to fit the paint chip.  Pasted 2 pieces together.  Punched a hole and added ribbon.

NOAH'S ARK- The Cake
My mom made a super cute 2 layered cake.  Each of the animals are made of out painted chocolate ganache.  I don't know enough about that process to offer tips!  

So if you're looking for a fun theme for a baby shower or young children's birthday party, this is a theme to explore.  There are so many avenues to take, and lots of ways to get creative.  We played a storybook trivia game- which I would include, but I cannot find!  If I find it, I will post here.  Also each person was encouraged to bring a book to give to the new baby. 

Though this idea seems pretty popular at the moment, I ran across my photos from our shower and decided to post about it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment