Thursday, September 17, 2015

Our old door got a make over


Our main entry door is pretty shabby for many reasons.  Putting money forth to purchase a brand new door is costly. Therefore, I've wanted to paint it since we moved in. In the midst of refinishing my rush chairs from craigslist, I needed to order more Everlasting white Americana Decor chalk paint & cream wax.  Amazon is pretty awesome, and my paint arrived in 2 days.  Not only did I get paint for the chairs, I bought a new (to me) color with intentions to paint our entry door as well.

Today I took a break from rushing the first of three chairs to paint the door. Check it out- it's Charcoal black now.  It would look a lot better with a new handle & lock, but that's a project for another day.

I have never painted anything black before.  It's a little scary to do because it would take a lot of paint to re-do if I didn't like it.  I love the way black chalk paint looks in all the photos I see of other people's projects.  I am pleased with how this door turned out. Though there is not much I can do about the broken bar (which looks a bit silly), overall the door looks much better. Though I, like most people would have loved a brand new door, this option was much cheaper and resourceful.  One can of chalk paint & a bit of finishing wax for less than $20.  This re-do should hopefully hold us over until the door is older and less functional and we actually "need" to buy a new door.  Wondering if I should paint the interior cross bars black to match the exterior, or leave it as is...  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment