Saturday, September 12, 2015

Refinishing Rush Chairs- the Lady of Redwoodshire's current project


Remember this project from a last year?  Check out my Weaving Rush Chairs post for the process.  We only have 3 of these rush seat chairs for our dining room table, so I have been on the lookout for a few more to have a full set.  Though I found ones that were similar, they were in pretty good condition and were going to cost more than what I was hoping.  I was hoping to find a good deal, considering I know how to rush chairs and can fix up ones that may be in poor condition.  

I finally found a GREAT deal!  Though the ladders and other parts of the chair are slightly different from the ones we had, it was too good of a deal to pass up.  The chairs were in fair condition, as the previous owner had spray painted them (partially because she ran out of paint?!).  She had even spray painted the rush seats, which looks like it made a mess of the chairs.  The rush was in need of repair anyway, so the spray painted seats didn't deter me.  I got all three chairs for $25!!  Amazing!

BEFORE  PHOTOS:




























So this is one of my current projects. First I removed the rush seats.  I am currently using white chalk paint to re-paint the wood chair frame.  I am giving the dark wax a second try on these chairs, to give them an antique appearance.  Once one chair is finished, I will update with more photos.  We are on our way to having a full set of 6 chairs for our dining room table.


Other exciting Redwoodshire news fit to print:  The first step of updating our dining room is happening this morning.  We sold the wood stove that is currently taking up too much space, and it is getting picked up today!  YAY- this makes me so excited.  We sold it on craigslist- the buyer is coming from over an hour away.  He got a good deal on it- which I don't mind considering I have gotten so many good deals through craigslist recently.  Spread the Joy of great deals!  August was a great month for Craiglist finds at Redwoodshire.  I will have to post about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment