Friday, August 8, 2014

In the Midst... of many projects

It's been a bit since my last post, and the reason is that I am busy working on a number of projects.  All of them are on the brink of completion, so there will be a handful of posts coming very soon.




Double Dutch Barn Doors for our laundry closet.  Building, sanding, staining, polyurethane-ing.  The hardware is ordered.  Had a little sanding mishap between poly coats, and had to sand down to raw wood and start over.  The other 3 doors are done.  Waiting for 2nd coat stain to dry, and then application of 2 coats of polyurethane.  Then when the Laird and I have time to hang them, we'll be posting!



Crown Moulding in for kitchen.  Waiting for 2nd coat of paint to dry.  This will be one of the final projects for the kitchen, for a while.

Sliding Barn Door for lady genevieve's bedroom.  Found some aluminum track and trolley rollers online.  2nd coat of Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint is drying.  When we have some time, we'll work on hanging the track and door.  














The making of our littlest lady.  Tomorrow is lady genevieve's first trip to the Sterling Renaissance Festival.  We started a costume for her many months ago, that I was making up a
s I went.  When I tried it on her for size, it seemed like it was going to be too small.  Discouraged I put that project away, until this past week knowing that we'd be going to the festival.  The Laird and I both have costumes, so it would have been sad to not have something fun for lady genevieve to wear.  I started working on it again.   My sister graciously hands down all of my niece's clothes to genevieve- we are so lucky.  There happened to be just the perfect shirt to go under the dress.  I found a simple tutorial to make a ruffled skirt and a simple muffin cap- and now we have a real little lady on our hands!  So excited about how it turned out.  










Keeping very busy, but chipping away at the project list.  Enjoying every minute of it, and getting closer to wrapping up a few big projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment